100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
1. Prague Dinner Cruiseat Prague Dinner Cruise, sat, 22 feb 2020 - sat, 20 feb 2021
From £ 35
2. Golden City Tour of Pragueat Golden City Tour of Prague, sun, 23 feb 2020 - tue, 31 mar 2020
From £ 33
3. Terezin Concentration Campat Terezin Concentration Camp, sat, 22 feb 2020 - sat, 20 feb 2021
From £ 49
4. Following Mozart's footsteps: A guided tourat Following Mozart's footsteps, wed, 26 feb 2020 - fri, 19 feb 2021
From £ 39
5. Communist Walking Tourat Communist Walking Tour, sat, 22 feb 2020 - sat, 20 feb 2021
From £ 34
6. Prague Brewery Tourat Prague Brewery Tour, tue, 25 feb 2020 - th, 31 dec 2020
From £ 45
7. Don Giovanni – Marionette Theatreat Don Giovanni – Marionette Theatre, mon, 24 feb 2020 - wed, 30 dec 2020
From £ 27
8. City Cruise Pragueat City Cruise Prague, sat, 22 feb 2020 - sat, 20 feb 2021
From £ 12
9. Prague Lunch Cruiseat Prague Lunch Cruise, sun, 23 feb 2020 - sat, 20 feb 2021
From £ 31
10. Dinner at Municipal Houseat Dinner at Municipal House, sat, 22 feb 2020 - sat, 20 feb 2021
From £ 32
Black Light Theatre Srnec
A visit to the Black Light Theatre Srnec in Prague is a very different experience - and a true traditional Czech theater event. Light, darkness and colors are separated in a show where no one speaks. Here the mundane world gets transformed into a surreal experience. It is entertaining - and made for everyone!
- Visit the first black light theatre in the world
- Experience a traditional Czech theater event
- Enjoy a colorful and fun show
What can I expect?
What makes the art of black light theatre so special? Some of the characteristics of black light theatre are the use of black curtains, a darkened stage and UV light. This is paired with costumes and expressive artistry such as dance, mime and acrobatics. This way the performers are able to create remarkable shows and marvelous visual illusions. Black Light Theatre Srnec is the only original black light theatre in Prague, and the theatre has been in business since 1961.
The audience is guided through the history of Black Light Theatre Srnec. You may see, for instance, the oldest black light theatre scene 'Launderette' that had been created two years prior to the official foundation of the Black Light Theatre Srnec. The scene 'Magician' allows the invisible performers to show their mastery. The objects appear, change and vanish again. And the nearly human behavior of the four-legged friend of a Western bartender in the scene 'Horse' makes you laugh heartily.
You witness the first black light theatre sketches ever created and you even listen to the music composed by the founder of the theatre himself. Since the opening the shows of Black Light Theatre Srnec have been seen at almost 90 festivals around the world - and it is still going strong! Don't miss the opportunity to see the company on its home stage in the marvelous heart of Europe.
How does it work?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it with you to the theatre.
- Please be at Black Light Theatre Srnec in time to find your seats. Latecomers will not be permitted until a suitable break.
- Change of repertoire can happen with short notice.
Infant (0-2): Free of charge
Daily at 8 P.M.
Fantastic: 4.0 – 141 reviews
"Small intimate theatre in busy street beside a casino. Very warm and comfortable. Very skilled and talented use of mime and puppetry."
Ganz entzückende Vorstellung.Sprachliche Hindernisse sind durch die Besonderheit dieser Kunstform ausgeschlossen.Die Ausgestaltung der Theaterräumlichkeiten ist sehr originell. er Kunstform nicht vorhanden.
"Ganz entzückende Vorstellung. Sprachliche Hindernisse sind durch die Besonderheit dieser Kunstform nicht vorhanden. Die Ausgestaltung der Theaterräumlichkeiten ist sehr originell. Tolle Atmosphäre."
Roland fri, 21 feb 2020
"Kannatti käydä katsomassa. Esiintyjät taitavia ja esitykset hauskoja, vähän erilaista teatteria mihin on tottunut."
Minna sun, 16 feb 2020
"Old and charming theater and the performances were nice and fun. Small and intimate - great connection between audience and performers."
Jakob wed, 4 dec 2019
Print out voucher
Duration: 1 hours 30 minutes
Daily at 8 P.M.
Black Light Theatre
Palác Savarin Na Příkopě 852/10 110 00 Nové Město
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.