Disney's The Lion King - Broadway
Enjoy Disney's popular and award-winning musical adaptation of the family movie The Lion King on Broadway. With music by Elton John, The Lion King is one of the most stunning and moving musicals ever made. The whole family will love it!
- Secure your tickets to this extremely popular musical
- Get the best available seats within your chosen category
- Enjoy the music by Elton John
- Experience an award-winning musical, incl. Best Musical
- See a musical that the whole family will enjoy
What is the Lion King about?
When the young lion prince Simba is born, his evil uncle Scar is pushed back in the line for the throne. Scar plans to kill both Simba and his father, King Mufasa, so he can take over the throne and become king. Simba survives, but Scar leads him to believe he is to blame for his father's death so decides to flee the kingdom.
Simba finds himself starting a new life accompanied by two very improbable friends: Timon and Pumba. But the past will come back to haunt him and he will find himself having to face a fearsome enemy in order to fulfill his destiny and take his rightful place as the mighty king!
In the Lion King musical, the savannah comes to life on Broadway in New York! The songs in the Lion King include 'Circle of Life', 'Hakuna Matata' and 'Can You Fell the Love Tonight'.
As The New York Times says, “There is simply nothing else like it.”
Did you know this about the Lion King?
The musical had its world premiere in London in October 1999, and since then it has been shown in many large cities around the world. The musical has won no less than 6 Tony Awards on Broadway in New York, received an Evening Standard distinction as the theater event of the year and been nominated for an amazing 8 Olivier Awards!
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after completing your booking online, you will receive an e-ticket by email. Please print out your ticket and bring it with you to the theater.
How long is the musical?
The Lion King last for 2 hours and 45 minutes, including intermission.
Who is the musical suitable for?
The Lion King the musical is for all ages and is especially popular among families. However, it is recommended for children aged 6+. Please be aware that children under 3 will not be admitted.
Who's the team behind the show?
The Lion King the Musical features an amazing score crafted by the Tony Award-winning songwriting team of Elton John and Tim Rice as well as the marvelous work of Tony Award-winning choreographer Garth Fagan. Julie Taymor directs this musical version of Disney's insanely popular movie the Lion King. With this show she was the first female ever to win a Tony Award for Best Director of a Musical.
- Please note: Strobe lighting is used several times during the show.
- When booking tickets for a musical in New York you will always be allocated the best seats available at the time you place your booking. We have no influence on the exact seats and row number that you will be assigned, as it is solely the theater that can appoint the seats. Within 36 hours after you have received your first booking confirmation, you'll receive an additional confirmation stating the exact seat numbers. These cannot be changed or altered as they were the best available seats at the time of your booking.