Wine and Appetizers in the Jewish Ghetto
Join us for a tour to the Jewish Ghetto in Venice and discover the culture, the open-air market and fascinating shops as we eat and drink our way through the historic Jewish Quarter. No other Venice experience offers a food & wine tour in the same authentic and local atmosphere as the Jewish Quarter in the Cannaregio district is.
- 2.5 hour tour of the Jewish Quarter in Venice
- Experience three authentic Venetian wine bars
- Savor several of Venice’s bite-size versions of local delicacies called cicchetti
- Enhance each tasting with a glass of local wine, accompanied by explanations and tips
- Guaranteed small tour group of max. 12 people
Eat and Drink Your Way through the Jewish Quater
The best time to experience true Venetian culture is in the evening, when the sun is setting and the locals seek out their favorite bars for friends, food and fun. If you are looking for a chance to experience the local version of “happy hour”, this is your chance! Do as the locals do and join us for this tour as we eat and drink our way through the historic Jewish quarter, disovering new wines and cicchetti appetizers.
Our wine and food tour begins by exploring the Jewish Quarter in the Cannaregio district, a less frequented area that the Venetians refer to as being the most authentic area in the city. The Jewish Quarter was the first of its kind in the world and served as inspiration for Shakespeare’s 'The Merchant of Venice'. It is still an active center for the Jewish community, and the surrounding alleyways, bridges and canals have maintained their unique identity throughout the ages.
On the tour you’ll see a traditional open-air market and fascinating shops. Yet, food and wine are the stars of the evening, and you‘ll experience the best of both in three celebrated and hidden bàcari (wine bars).
At the bàcari you’ll sample some of the city’s most extraordinary offerings. Whether it’s expertly seasoned and fried meatballs, creamy codfish mousse or a creative bruschetta, you’ll always find the best of the day’s market in these one-of-a-kind creations. Since you can't really eat Italian without an excellent glass of wine, each sampling will be paired with a small glass of wine.
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be send directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts at the foot of the bridge Ponte delle Guglie (on the east side) next to the restaurant 'Trattoria alla Palazzina.'
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 2.5 hours.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 4-14. Children from age 0-3 are free, when accompanied by a paying adult.
- The tour ends near Campo della Maddalena around 8 PM.
- The tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs, so comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.