Vienna Woods – Mayerling
'Vienna Woods – Mayerling' is a beautiful tour though the southern part of the Vienna Woods. Here you will among other things experience the Mayerling hunting lodge and the Cistercian Abbey of Heiligenkreuz.
This half-day excursion shows you the most beautiful sights of the southern part of the Vienna Woods. Passing the Roman City of Baden which is famous for its thermal springs, we dirve through the romantic valley Helenental to the former Mayerling hunting lodge, (visit of memorial chapel), where Crown Prince Rudolph together with Baronesse Vetsera died tragically in 1889.
In the Cistercian Abbey of Heiligenkreuz (1133) you visit the medieval cloister which houses the remains of the last Babenberger.
We then pass the Höldrichsmühle and arrive at the Seegrotte. After a boat ride on the largest subterranean lake in Europe you leave the Vienna Woods and return to Vienna.
Duration: 4 hours.
- Shortly after your booking is complete, you will receive an e-ticket by mail. Please print out your ticket and bring it with you on the tour.
- Your tickets are only valid on the date you have booked for!
- Children's tickets are available for children between 3 and 12 years old. Children between 0-2 years are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- The tour available in German and English.
- The 'Vienna Woods – Mayerling' tour starts and ends at Südtiroler Platz in Vienna.