Evening Tour with Gondola Ride
If you think Venice is romantic during the day, wait until you experience it at night! You’ll visit sites you wouldn’t normally see on a classic tour and hear the stories that make Venice one of the most atmospheric cities in the world.
If you came to Venice with visions in mind of winding streets and tumbling houses where laundry swings out over canals, then Secret Venice is the tour for you. We have turned up the romance and are ready to show you a different side of the city.
- 2.25 hour guided walking tour of Venice by night
- Relax on a shared gondola ride with a real local ‘gondaliere’
- A maximum of six people per shared gondola
- Everything is pre-arranged, we take all the hassle out of your time on the water
- Guaranteed small tour group of max. 24 people
Take a Walking Tour at Night
Follow your guide through the quiet streets and piazzas of Venice – almost unrecognizable now most of the tourists are back on the mainland. As you walk your guide will tell you histories about Ca’Dario, the cursed (and possibly haunted) house whose owners have continuously met untimely and often suspicious deaths.
Along with local legends, you’ll hear some tales of familiar characters. You’ll see Harry’s Bar across the canal where Ernest Hemmingway once kicked back after a long day of writing. You’ll see the home of Peggy Guggenheim, the heiress who lost her father to the Titanic and later built one of the world’s most interesting art collections. Ever heard of Othello? You’ll see the house where Desdemona supposedly lived before her tale was transcribed by an Italian author and stolen by a man called William Shakespeare.
Our tour ends on the sweetest note with a gondola ride along the quieter back canals of Venice. Relax as a gondolier, in his ubiquitous striped shirt, punts along waterways built for these very vessels. With only six people per gondola your ride will be peaceful and intimate.
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be send directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts in front of the white marble Venetian Academy of Fine Arts. Please be there 15 minutes before the tour starts.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 2.25 hours.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 0-14.
- The tour ends at Santa Maria del Giglio Gondola point in Campiello Traghetto near the Gritti Palace hotel on the San Marco side.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Please note that the Gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or adverse weather.