NYC Gospel Walking Tour
Join us for an inspiring journey through the history of gospel on the NYC Gospel Walking Tour. On this unique NYC tour, you get to the beautiful, uplifting sounds of a world-famous NYC gospel choir, learn the history of American Gospel Music and view the gorgeous homes and churches of Brooklyn Heights.
- Enjoy a 4.5-5 hour tour of the history of gospel
- Listen to the world-famous NYC gospel choir
- Learn about American gospel music
- Get a guided tour around the homes and churches of Brooklyn Heights
Take a Tour of the History of Gospel
The tour begins in lower Manhattan, where you'll learn about the roots of African-American gospel culture and the experience from which gospel music emerged.
Then we head to Brooklyn Heights, with its gorgeous brownstones, historic homes and churches. Here you'll also get to view the church that launched gospel music onto the international world stage. We'll end our tour at a church with an 8 time Grammy award winning choir where we hear the some of the best gospel in the world.
While we experience some of the best live gospel music in the world, we will not be visiting an African American gospel choir on this tour. This tour explores how the roots of African American gospel culture grew to influence many cultures, and gospel music is now sung by people of all nationalities and etnicities. This multi-racial choir has won many gospel awards and has even performed for President Obama himself.
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be send directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts in front of the Trinity Church located at the intersection of Broadway and Wall Street. Please be there 15 minutes before the tour starts.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 4.5-5 hours. 2 hour walking tour, 2 hour church service.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between 6-12 years old.
- Please note that the church features excellent gospel music, the full gospel choir does not perform every Sunday.
- This is a subway and walking tour (subway passes not included).
- Please note that due to the popularity and policies of this church, guests who want to sit in main sanctuary where the choir is performing must stay for the entire service (from 12 PM to 2 PM). Otherwise, guests will have to stay in the overflow room and watch the performance via closed circuit screen.